Can you believe that it is June already?
I am in disbelief. I think that as I age the seasons are definitely getting shorter. There are just not enough hours in the day. I never get enough done, even if I burn the candle at both ends. I eat less and gain more. I am certain that I am now a mere mortal, and I think about how many years I have left to get the things I think need doing done.
But, I still can rally a thankful list of whatnots, and praise the day, seeings how I am lucky enough to still have one.
1. I am going grey (everywhere, if you catch my drift) but I still have all of my hair, and have a list of people who would like to "borrow" my tresses for parties, special nights out, senior (citizen) proms
2. I have a good belly laugh at least once a day - and I mean, silly and loud and make my Mom slightly wince (if she is around) type of laugh - and that is a distinct pleasure ( the laugh, not the Mom thing - the Mom thing is just, well, slightly annoying. She still tries to "shush" me, like I was seriously damaging her reputation - I mean, are they going to throw her out of the game club cuz her daughter is known to guffaw indiscreetly!?)
3. I painted my own toenails today - and they look pretty good. Amateur hour over here at chez Lady P - got to reserve the very limited resources!
4. I get slices of Mango cake and awards from people (here) and I couldn't be happier about it!
5. After living many years abroad, I have family around me now, and it is a blessing. My Mom is a blessing. I had forgotten what it was like to have people who really care nearby. When you slam you finger in the door, they care. The next day, they look at your booboo and ask how you are. Can't buy that kind of happiness.
6. I am kinda fond of this whole blogging thing - and you - whoever you are that is reading this - well, thank you for visiting. I hope you have a nice list of "thankfuls" yourself. Feel free to share some ......
because, you can