Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crazy knitting 101

I am trying to get past all the knitting that I have been promising to people. Finishing my "creative commitments" to others so that I can go on and discover that other artist that I so long to be. But I keep coming across stuff that I still have to do - like these Easter Chicks.
My sister's mother-in-law's grandmother made this little chickie. Last year she asked if I could make up the pattern for her - and I am just getting around to that promise now. At least it is time for the holidays - this year.
So what I have been doing all weekend? Instead of making things for the Etsy shop or for a shelving area that I hope to fill in a local store, I am making chickies. I am making enough chickies so that everyone in the family gets a set for this Easter. I am making chickies until I am blue in the face. And I haven't even begun the part where they get the cute little button or sequin eyes, the felt or crocheted cockscomb and the whole formatting of the pattern. Nor have I begun the one that has the ever so special "loop stitch" and little crocheted hat.

I am crazy. How far must I go before I am at the end of my tether here? Will the serious art ever begin? Maybe I am just a "chickie" at heart.....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. oh that makes me smile. I am in exactly the same predicament. Madly finishing old works, trashing failed ones, putzing about while in actuality I am creating head space for the next step.

    Thnk of it like that, space clearing for your creative muse. I remember some artisit said, 90% of his painting was done in his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if you can't knit chickies, what's the point?! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you talk to me = really, I'm not being the least bit funny!